In cloud technology, PaaS (platform as a service) brings on board benefits that other applications don’t have. It allows creation of web applications with ease and at a fast speed without any complexity to buy and maintain the software and infrastructure that is used. Compared to Saas, PaaS is analogous, rather than being delivered over the web, it is a platform for the creation of software delivered over the web.
PaaS In The Context of Cloud Technology
Cloud technology is a technology which is a paradigm for enabling network access to a scalable and elastic pool of sharable physical and virtual resources with self-service provisioning and administration on demand. The physical and virtual resources are offered as capabilities by cloud services, invoked through a defined interface. The resource includes servers, data storage devices, networks, operating systems, software and application. Cloud computing offers almost all the capabilities of IT systems through cloud services that are invoked across networks. PaaS is one of the capability where the cloud service customer can develop, deploy, manage and run applications which are created by the customer or acquired from third party using one or more execution environments supported by the cloud service provider.
What PaaS Contributes to Cloud Technology
The characteristics of a PaaS technology include;
- It provides services to develop, test, deploy, host and maintain applications in the same integrated development environment. All the varying services needed to fulfill the application development process are found on PaaS cloud technology.
- Web based user interface creation tools help to create, modify, test and deploy different UI scenarios.
- Multi tenant architecture where multiple concurrent users utilize the same development application.
- Built in scalability of deployed software, including load balancing and failover
- Integration with web services and databases via common standards
- Support for development team collaboration – some PaaS solutions include project planning and communication tools
- Tools to handle billing and subscription management
PaaS has additional value added services and comes in two forms;
- A collaborative platform for software development, focused on workflow management regardless of the data source being used for the application
- A platform that allows for the creation of software utilizing proprietary data from an application. This sort of PaaS can be seen as a method to create applications with a common data form or type in cloud technology.
Hostgator is the world leader in web hosting, has several options to go for on the cloud. You can use hatching cloud, baby cloud, and business cloud. All the aforementioned can be gotten at a discount if one uses Hostgator coupons to purchase them. Get it at a discount by using the coupons and experience faster load times due to low density servers, multiple catching layers, and premium hardware. Your website will be managed in an efficient manner, thereby enabling dynamic content request to be processed very fast. For charging, cloud hosting turbocharge will take care of that. Don’t be left behind, grab this opportunity and come aboard Hostgator.com wagon.